What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small fragment of text that websites send to users’ browsers, stored in the user’s terminal which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful by personalizing its content. Cookies play a very important role by improving the website use experience.
How are cookies used?
When browsing through this website, users accept that cookies can be installed on their terminal and that they allow us to determine the following information:
- Website use statistical information.
- The user’s login to keep the session active on the site.
- The preferred website format for access from mobile devices.
- The latest searches performed for site services and personalization data of these services.
- Information about ads shown to the user.
- Information about surveys in which the user has participated.
- Data on connection with social media platforms for users who access with their Facebook or Twitter user ID.
Types of cookies used
This website uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user accesses the website and permanent cookies store the data in the terminal to be accessed and used in more than one session.
Depending on the processing purpose for which the data is obtained through cookies, the website may use:
Cookies that allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use different options or services therein. For example, these cookies can control traffic and communicate data, identify the session, access restricted site areas, remember the elements on an order, fill out the application registration and take part in an event, use security elements during browsing and store contents for broadcasting videos or sound clips.
These cookies allow you to access the service with some general features predefined in your terminal or defined by yourself. These features include language, type of browser through which you access the service, selected content design, geolocation of the terminal and the regional configuration from where the service is accessed.
Cookies that enable the effective management of advertising spaces on the website or application from which the service is provided. They allow fine-tuning advertising content so it is relevant to users and to avoid showing ads that users have already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies
They allow tracking and analyzing user behavior on websites. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of activity on websites, applications or platforms and for the creation of browsing profiles of users on said sites, with the purpose of introducing improvements in the service based on users’ usage data.
Some websites allow installing third-party cookies that allow managing and improving services offered. This would include, for example, Google Analytics statistical services.
How to manage cookies on the browser?
Users have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on their computer by configuring browser options installed on their terminal:
- To adjust cookies settings on Google Chrome:
- Hacer clic en el menú situado en la barra de herramientas.
- Seleccionar Configuración.
- Hacer clic en Mostrar opciones avanzadas.
- En la sección “Privacidad” hacer clic en el botón Configuración de contenido.
- En la sección de “Cookies” se pueden configurar las opciones.
- To adjust cookies settings on Mozilla Firefox:
- In the upper part of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In the Firefox option you can choose Use custom history settings to configure the options.
* More information about Mozilla Firefox.
- To adjust cookies settings on Internet Explorer 9:
- In the upper part of the Internet Explorer window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete browsing history option to delete cookies. Check the Cookies box and then click Remove.
- Select the Security tab and use the Settings to move the slider all the way up to block all cookies or completely down to allow all cookies. Then click on OK.
* More information about Internet Explorer 9.
Some browsers allow configuring specific rules for managing cookies on a site-by-site basis, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means that cookies may be disabled from all sites except those that users trust.